Glue Removing

M

mission

Hey Guys,
Love the board, great job! My question is Im working on a paint job I did a year ago, and Im going over the old paint due to its in great shape. I outline the flames with vinyl pinstripping, while pulling it off the glue stayed on in a few places.Whats a good remover, I tried Kwik Prep dont think thats really cut out for gum removing, how about Goo Gone or somthing.Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yikes02.gif

Jim

I used wax & grease remover with pretty good results.Did you learn your lesson useing pinstriping instead of fineline tape?LOL,I tried it myself...once,Jim

M

mission

I certainly did.LOL.Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yikes02.gif

T

TAZ

Jst fyi...I use the Omni 'cleaner' (only thing I use of the Omni line) that works great for pretty much all steps involved including wiping over basecoat...taking off glue...checking color matches...

NOTE: Be careful when using this (or any cleaner) over the candy basecoats which consist of color dyes.

M

MasterxAce

i heard that the PPG DX330 wax and grease remover was being discontinued and it was just being renamed or revamped so to speak under the omni line... combining more products into one... i havent painted in a few months just curious if anyone knows about it?