ghost mural on a chameleon paint job?

wolfcreek

I've been trying to find info to do a ghost mural on a chameleon paint job. All I have found is airbrush murals in chameleon on the base black. Anyone ever do one right on a chameleon? or is the color shifts too complicated to make out a mural? If done over chameleon before, was the mural with other shades of chameleon?

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Something like this?
This is a 'ghost' type airbrushed image 'over' a color shift painted base.

07.jpg

wolfcreek

very cool Taz. looking for more of the ghost flame affect. This is a shot of the mural in mind crudely laid over the project. This car is getting a body kit right now and will be shot with a chameleon mix blue to red / cyan to purple. Basically I want the mural to look suspended in the paint job
mural.jpg

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like it'd basically be the same as in the pic I attached, just use more transparent airbrushing to get the effect you want.

wolfcreek

Great thanks Taz. What paint did you use over the color shift? Sorry, I've done a lot of airbrushing before on Tee's and stuff but never on anything automotive before. figured my own vehicle would be the best for a victom. A shops spraying the car so screwing this up will still be costly lol

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, we did the paint job, but did not do the airbrush work. I have a local guy that does our airbrushing at his house. I used to have an in-house guy, but business is too slow these days and not enough mural type airbrush to have one employed by me.
I know my in house guy used to use a typical basecoat type paint like HOK.

infernographix

well first to understand true ghost work it is done with just pearl paints, the pearl is what makes the image or flames show up in certain light, so you would have to find someone to airbrush the horses in very light pearl paints over the chamelion paint, IMHO i would not paint over chamelion paint, that paint is super cool on its own and super expensive just in case you have not purchased the materials yet. what taz posted it what i would consider traditional airbrushing not ghost work at all. if your going to do anything i would do the traditional airbrushing over the chamilion as the ghost affect may not turn out as you expect it to. and would be a waste of a nice expencive paint job.

wolfcreek

thanks for the input inferno, that was my concern. I was figuring the image may be hard to make out over this paint job. I think I might do a test panel and see how that turns out.

Wydir

ghost work is not pearl paint only it can be done in many different ways including candy and different tinted bases mixed in clears either midcoat or top coat. the sky is the limit on how some people create an effect.