Full paint shop in Oregon advice? Or just advice in general why shops are reluctant?

nehuge

Anybody know a shop in Oregon that will do full body paint? I'm very frustrated, as I called SIXTY FOUR places yesterday and they're just interested in turn and burn, get 'em in and get 'em out collision jobs.

Is it because I'm calling them and telling them that I have a car from the 1980's that I want to paint the same color and this spooks them like there is some crazy underlying mess under there? I'm the second owner and it is straight as hell.

Of the 64 places, maybe 5 would consider it but 3 of the 5 of them wanted $15k and up.

I mean c'mon man......I don't want Maaco, but I don't want Barrett Jackson either. I know paint prices per gallon are up but I mean c'mon, can someone give me advice?

To help a shop be more comfortable with considering the job, I have removed the cladding, window trim, door handles, bumpers, side mirrors, emblems, headlights, tail lights, door gaskets, sunroof gaskets, EVERYTHING. I just want them to fill 18 little rock chips I have around the body instead of painting over them. Why is this so difficult? What ever happened to the "ya just get your car repainted, no big deal" thing, or was everyone in those days taking it to Maaco?

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Are you wanting a special effect color / paint job?
Most shops even around here like doing insurance work. More money, easier, and more profit.
They don't like the overall work.
The only thing I can think of is you want an outlandish type paint job. Candy, colorshift, metalflake
Keep trying, I'm sure you'll find a reputable shop as long as you're wanting like a basic basecoat/clearcoat type job or even a basic tri-stage.

chopolds

Why not go to a cruise night, or car show, and ask the owners where they got their car painted. Might find someone willing to go the extra mile to do an overall.