Food For Thought

Mowe

My wife cooked up a great dish of pasta & clams last night. Being as how there was quite a bit left over, I dedcided to save it for lunch for today. ( Great microwaved with a little butter on it )Anyway, I went to the drawer and took out a box of that new Saran Wrap called "Press & Seal" and layed it over the rim of the bowl and ran my finger around it to seal in the pasta. A light bulb came on (not the one in the frig. ) and it occured to me that the Press & Seal might make for a good masking agent for airbrushing. So today I went to the shop and dug out an old HD fender I had laying around and layed down some test flames with 3 M vinyl tape. I then ran the Press and Seal over the fender and pressed it to the 3M tape making sure it sealed good and flattend it out over the rest of the fender. I then took a razor blade and carfully cut along the 3M tape and removed the Press and Seal, exposing where I wanted the flame to go . I mixed up a strong solotion of reducer and paint. I used my airbrush to do the spraying. When done, I removed the Press & Seal to see how well it worked. To my suprise, there was no bleed thru from the reducer on the protected portion of the fender and the Press & Seal held under the airpressure. The only problem was, when I cut over the tape, the razor went thru it and left a cut in the paint. Next time, I'll overlay 1/8 tape over the 1/16th and slightly offset it so I don't go thru with the razor. If any off the rest of you try this, make sure you do your own testing first. I don't want to get blamed for a screwed up paint job. If you need a good recipe for Pasta & Clams...................!