Florida Expo

T

TAZ

Anyone headin' to the Florida Expo this year (held by Full Throttle)?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bounce.gif

rex

Is this the gig coming up in a few weeks there?I know I'm going to stop in to see you and I believe Bornhard is going to cruise up with me if I don't ride the scooter up.

Bornhard

I believe I'll be there as a spectator this year. I was a vendor there last year and got some big jobs from it. There's just been too much going on this year for me to get ready to be a vendor there this year.

It's in PP city this year instead of the FL State Fairgrounds from what I've been told.

I think Rex & I may head up there together, or something like that. I want to check out what's there and see who's vending & who's not. Maybe see Chester up there with his airbrush work!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yikes02.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/freak.gif

You gonna be there, or a vendor? Oh before last years event I was sitting next to Gypsy (who use to be with FL. Full Throttle) when he called you and asked if you were going to be a vendor at last years show. You or your wife told him that you wouldn't make it, but got a lot of work from the 2002 April Show.

Is there a website for this event and what dates is the event scheduled?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bigokay.gif <font color="black"> </font>

T

TAZ

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe see Chester up there with his airbrush work!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif

Yea, I'll be there this year. It is in Pinellas Park on US 19. It's about 1-2 miles away from us. If it was going to be at the fairgrounds, I don't think I would have went...too busy to (55 jobs in right now). Like to finish up at least three sets to take. Not alot to take, but at least it's something.

Here is there website
They sure don't have much info on the show except a copy of a page out of this month's issue of Full Throttle. Here it is.

Maybe we'll see you there!
Take care!
Scott

rex

"MAYBE SEE CHESTER THERE"-I've heard enough about this dude I really would like to go to see his work.I promise I'll be nice untill the second beer but then I'll have to be honest and stand nearby and giggle at the bullshit oneliner's he tells people.For a 6pack I'll glue your buisnesscard to my fore head as I roll on the floor in hysterics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif

T

TAZ

LOL!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/roflmao.gif

I might take you up on that Rex...watch out!!!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eekout.gif

One of the guys that works for us, used to work for a guy that did a paint job that was previously done by Chester (heard is was an ugly purple).
Don't know if you ever heard of "List Designs". He does mainly motorcycle helmets. Anyway, he moved to Ocala, so "Chris" started working for us.

rex

Hahaha,that'll teach me to post after having a good buzz,but I guarrantee it'll be an interesting time if I don't get kicked out.Haven't heard of that sohp you talked about but I really don't know much about that area at all.There's still places I'm discovering in Sarasota/Bradenton and it's only 40 minutes away.Jeesh,I'm sheltered-it's the wife's fault OK?

rex

Ok,you stepped right into that one-you're in Bradenton- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/roflmao.gif I know better but I had to throw that in for fun.Expect to hear from me tomarrow night sometime about the Expo.

Bornhard

I know where I live...I'm the suckiest suck sucking (say that 10 times real fast) painter in town!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drink.gif

Bornhard

Hey Scott,

It was nice meeting you at the Expo! Seeing your work in person was a good experience. Top notch all the way!

Too bad Rex decided to go to some tropical island with a bunch of topless women, instead of going up to the AWESOME Expo with me.

Hey even some of Chester's work improved!!!
I think he painted that Teddies Bike, but I didn't get a confirmation on that. Just the guy at Chester's display mentioned they did work for Teddies & then talked about that show bike in the middle of the floor.

Over all how did the event go for you?

I'll head up to your shop in a few weeks. I've got some extreme work in shop now & it's making for long days. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/freak.gif

rex

Well,I didn't make it to the tropical island but I did see some topless women one nigh this weekend-at least I think.The working and trying to get out to relax for a quick one kind of blend together from lack of sleep lately-could have been late last week but I do remember talking the barmaid out of her top within the last few days /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yay.gif.Hope things went well for you guys,it pissed me off I couldn't go but I had to get a bunch of stuff done before a serious renovation project starting this weekend.Ybor is a definate but that's a while away.

T

TAZ

Joe,
Nice meeting you as well!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drink.gif
Looks like your well on your way to be an excellent artist!

The show was 'all right'. *VERY long* weekend for us. The days are just running together after a show like that. Would have rather went to the Island with Rex and all the women. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif
Handed out a ton of business cards, and met a bunch of people. Already got a couple of jobs out of it. Didn't sell any sets though. Got to hit the right person with the exact type bike. Hard to do in 2 1/2 days. I guess at least I had something to show. Only had one set ready the Tuesday before the show. Would have looked funny to only have one set in a 20' space /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/freak.gif
Wish more people would have showed up. I thought the $5 parking and the $7 ticket fee was pretty steep though.

I heard Full Throttle may do away with both the Expo and Ybor, and just make one big yearly show held at the fairgrounds.
Both shows are getting smaller each year, so combining them sounds like a great plan...we'll see though.

Bornhard

that show was rather blaah this year and it looked like at the last minute they decided to put it together.
Those are long shows and when it's slow it's even longer.

There were more painters/airbrush people there this year than I've seen in the past.

One BIG show a year is about all they need. Seems like Full Throttle is hurting a bit in popularity too! Less and less followers.