flames

G

guest01

im painting a motorcycle i put on a couple coats of base i was going to mask this off with tracing masking paper will the glue on the paper pull up the paint another painter told me i should clear it before i put the tape down.i was going to base it, candy flames, then clear it.will this work

Pogo

Your info is correct, clear th' puppy first. Besides if you don't like the flame job, just wash it off with thinner.

Pogo

hoss

if your work below the base isn't good (adheasion wise) then the tape would lift it. the reason to clear the base before graphix is for protection. it seems that paint will creep on you no mater how good you are.

do it for protection.

LoneStarBrand

im painting a motorcycle i put on a couple coats of base i was going to mask this off with tracing masking paper will the glue on the paper pull up the paint another painter told me i should clear it before i put the tape down.i was going to base it, candy flames, then clear it.will this work

blue painters tape from walmart works good over base....lil trick. low tack. I lay all kind of tape over bases all the time... use 3m fineline tape to draw the flames then mask off. No matter what if you prep is not efficiant, the clear will lift as well... easier to fix and feather a base lift than a clear lift!