Flame Painting Basics...Supplies...

5.0 Pony

Hey all, ive been reading around and this site is great for information. I have shot lacquer and i recently shot a PPG urethane that i must say i disliked very much.

Im reshooting the entire car and then I will be shooting pearl white flames on the car. I understand a lot of guys use an innercoat of clear before shooting the flames on the car incase of mess ups its easier to fix. Ive never done this before and was wondering what would be a good starting place for a first time shooter of this type of paint job? Are their specific products that work better or am i better off playing around with different ones and seeing what I am comfortable with? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, the car will be base coated in white, then shot with an innercoat, then pearl white will be applied, then a few more coats of clear:bigokay:

flamepain

inter coat clear is basically a clear base.so its the same as shooting another coat of your colored base.i have only used ppg a few times.DON"T LIKE IT.house of kolor works good.i use the sikkens product.works for me.cyas

5.0 Pony

Thank you! I was wondering about that. Ive never shot HOK paint. We have a supplier that carries DuPont and the other supplier around here carries PPG/ and PPG's lesser brand.

mick66

house of kolors

ive been usint their products and having very good success very easy to use i think their tech sheets are downloadable so u can print them out like has been said intercoat clear is to protect base coat for tape outs of flames etcetera read ya later mick

flamepain

i have no problem with dupont products .they work well but i get great support with sikkens so i stay with them.cyas