First time laying flames

801Rider

Well, this is going to be my first go at laying flames.

Started out with this:
mando1.jpg

mando2.jpg

Last edited:

801Rider

Then comes the paint :moon: Fender was primered, but no pics.

Silver base along with some silver flake, 0.15

mando5.jpg

mando6.jpg

First coat of HOK Tangerine

mando7.jpg

mando8.jpg

After 5 coats of candy :)

mando9.jpg

mando10.jpg

3 coats of clear :D

mando11.jpg

mando12.jpg

801Rider

Hopefully I can do the flames sometime in the next day or so. Part needed some body work, but I'm more or less just using this as a color test for a pedal car that I'm going to be doing here soon.

T

TAZ

Looks good so far!
That would be a nice candy color for a pedal car!

801Rider

This will be my second go at it :( First time shooting candy

DSCN2675.jpg

DSCN2676.jpg

But I did a lot of body work to it to straighten it out and I also removed the grooves on the hood that you can see in these pics

DSCN2677.jpg

DSCN2674.jpg

Now its all in primer :)

IMG_0590.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

der devil

cool wot base did you use for the kandy? looks like a mbc01???can we see it in the sun :sunglass:
Der.

801Rider

Laid out the flames today....want to adjust some of them when I get off work tomorrow, then I can hopefully shoot the black or maybe some other color I have laying around

mando14.jpg

mando15.jpg

801Rider

Thanks, I'm learning as much as I can, as fast as I can. Picked up a spray gun for the first time almost 2 years ago :D

der devil

go for it mate. flames look good.wot kolor pin stripe you going for and wot size 2mm wud look cool in red :idea:
DER.....

801Rider

Not sure yet? Haven't really thought about it much, may be experimenting with some lightning airbrushing on the flames first

801Rider

Pulled the tape, had to clean up a few small spots with some thinner where the tape lifted, or at least wasn't properly sitting flush.

mando20.jpg

mando21.jpg

mando22.jpg

T

TAZ

Came out nice. Like der devil said, some pinstripes and maybe even some drop shadows would really bring 'em out.

They did come out nice though!!! Great start!

801Rider

Came out nice. Like der devil said, some pinstripes and maybe even some drop shadows would really bring 'em out.

They did come out nice though!!! Great start!

Thanks. It will be pinstriped for sure, I cleared it so that if I decided to do some airbrushing over the flames, I didn't risk messing up the job lol. I'll be able to use some thinner and clean it up ;)