First Sprayer

O

ONthePIPE

Hello all

I.m looking for a sprayer for my first paint job, (outside the can) I have local store that sells an Astro hvlp for $49.50 has anyone tried it. Trying to stay on a budget as i'm doing a full rebuild as well.

Stretch

I think you get what you pay for and $50 for an HVLP seems a little low. If you're on a budget I'd go for the Finishline 3. I've heard good things about it.
Finishline 3

-Stretch

flamethrower

Stretch is right. Good equipment is paramount. Don't jeopardize the job by using less than quality equipment. If your not wanting to do this as a hobby and this is a one time shot, then ask friends or acquaintances if you can borrow a decent sprayer rather than spending $50 on a gun you may not get good results from. If you are striving for a job similar to what the pro's can do, you need to use the equip that the pro's use. And you can achieve great results. You can pick up a Finishline or Sharpe Cobalt for around $100. Probably cheaper if you shop around. And one of those guns will give you a nice consistent pattern. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif
FT

O

ONthePIPE

From what i was told, the astro is a sarta take off. The same gun was $89 last year and they have sold alot over EBay. I thought some one may have tried one.

ezrider

Finish line 3 is definatly the way to go, it sprays like a gun tripple its price, i am gonna buy a second one becouse i like my first so much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yay.gif