finishline vs. gti and plus guns?

R1campr

anyone know how or if the fan patterns differ between these guns? I have a gti hvlp and a gti plus gun (both 1.3 fluid nozzles). The fan patterns on both these guns are very similar and work really good for clear but not so great for basecoat, the material isn't real even from top to bottom of the fan and can be a pita with some colors. How even is the fan pattern on a finishline gun with a 1.3 or 1.4 nozzle?
I now use a harbor freight 1.3 hvlp for color (it's sort of a sata knockoff), I replaced the cup with an aluminum sata 1000ml and different regulator when I first got the gun. The fan is very even and is even at full open like a sata when it's clean. I have very few problems with mottling with this gun, even candies and pearls, but I can't get another gun like it anymore and was wondering if a finishline has a similar fan pattern? Or any other gun that is reasonably priced including getting parts if needed.

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmmm, not for sure on this one. If both are spraying the same from top to bottom, possibly it might be something else.
Possibly the guns are worn out? Old guns?
Are you holding the gun too far from the surface?
Don't know what else it could be.
:think1:

Any other members have input?
:ears:

yamabob

Little late to the party. I have the StartinLine-FinishLine and gti Millenium. I can spray both the Finishline and gti with a 1.4 for base's with the same results. I use the gti only for clears. I would think you have a clog in the aircap-but if it sprays clear ok,I'd keep adjusting the settings