Filter setup?

T

tiller2nv

Went to replace the hose on my filter today and noticed that there was rust on the outter side of the filter hose. I was using a cheap filter and from the looks of it I dont think it was working well. I think its time to get a good filter. What do you guys suggest for a filter? Ive been looking at this one, Is it a good one? I would like to spend a little less cash but I really dont want to skimp.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2369694919&category=22664&rd=1

rex

Looks like a good system for the price (cheap).You might want to call them and find out how much it costs to replace the desicant and any filter cartriges it has.Desicant can be had reasonable in bulk if you can keep it sealed up but some of those special filter cartriges can get up there.Hell of a price on the unit though.Look through a paint store flyer some time and bigger names like DeVilbiss and Vampire get way over $500 for something like this.They are usually a better unit but if you don't have a full blown shop why go crazy.

T

tiller2nv

Ill email them and ask, I bought my walcom through them and they were really helpful. Thanks again for the help Rex! Your da man! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/peace.gif

rex

Busted,you were waiting for a reply eh?I actually made it an hour earlier but my computer went weird so I saved it until it would work again.

T

tiller2nv

Thatnks! I emailed them and they sent me a link to the rebuid kit. Its 120.00, this sounds like a lot to me but what do I know. How often do you have to rebuild them? I wont be using it that much, maybe one a week.