fiberglass release

Booggerbe1

Hello forum, I am sort of a newbe to fiberglass work but understand the basics.And i have had good results in the past with my work. What my question is . I am stretching my HD saddle bags and making a form to hold the fiberglass up and straight with the bags when i apply the fiberglass.. I am going to use wood strips just for keeping all straight. What can i use to keep the fiberglass from sticking to the wood. The wood is a form only and not be used in the fiberglass. Thanks for any help. Booggerbe1

Booggerbe1

Thanks for the help flamePain. Ill try the wax paper and keep my fingers X. I just dont want the fiberglass to stick to the wood. Thanks again Booggerbe

clivesroadster

Hello forum, I am sort of a newbe to fiberglass work but understand the basics.And i have had good results in the past with my work. What my question is . I am stretching my HD saddle bags and making a form to hold the fiberglass up and straight with the bags when i apply the fiberglass.. I am going to use wood strips just for keeping all straight. What can i use to keep the fiberglass from sticking to the wood. The wood is a form only and not be used in the fiberglass. Thanks for any help. Booggerbe1

I use black 'duct' tape to stop it sticking. In fact I use it to make cheap parts from alloy, wood and even fibreglass. Usually let the fibreglass go off for about 40 mins then pull apart, the tape will still have some traces of resin on it, just mention it as sticky on your fingers!