eBay sales

Mowe

From time to time I'll post a set of tank and fenders on eBay. Seems like last year I was able to get the price I was asking, but this year folks just don't want to put out the $$$. Is it just the time of year ( people waiting for tax returns)I'm amazed at how cheap some painters sell thier work for. Has anyone else noticed this?......Mo

fisheye

I have noticed the cheap sales prices also. Remember, it's easy to make things look good in photos. I'd like to see some of that work in person.

T

TAZ

Mowe,
I totally agree with you! Used to get a decent price for a set of tins and paint job on ebay, but it seems that everyone looking for a paint job or paint set on ebay is expectiing to get it for $500 and less. This is from constantly seeing the same $400 and $500 auctions.
Every once in a while you see a set listed for the higher price...and of course it won't sell. This includes me of course. Everyonce in a while I get lucky...but the thing is to that I usually get the 'Gallery feature' so my listing usually runs about $38. So if I do sell it, I also have to pay about another $40, so now I have $80 invested into selling a set of tins and paint job that I have to sell *cheap*.

That was a good point to bring up! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bigokay.gif

Mowe

Hey Scott. I have noticed prices picking up the last few weeks ( clear weather )so maybe it's just a seasonal thing.I think you may do better than those of us that don't have a web site. Folks know that you are a reliable painter and can look at your past projects, that of course look great!..............Mo

AirArt

Hi Scott,
I tell people that like anything else, you get what you pay for. If you pay for a $500 paint job, that's exactly what you get, a $500 paint job.
I always tell my customers "I have no problem with my competitors that sell for less. They know better than anyone what their work is worth" :)
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif
Phil