Dust and runs int the clear

Blaster

Hey everyone,
I just cleared over a candy flame job on my hood and I have a run and a lot of dirt particles in the clear. I don't want to sand and reclear because this is just going to happen again with the dust. The run is just because of poor lighting which I fix in my garage. I put 4 coats of selectclear 497-00 over the candy. Is there a way to sand and just buff it out to be shiny as the wet look? Plus since this is my first time doing flame like this, if I paint another panel without going over the black base with candy apple red like I did with the hood, will the candied black look different than the black with just clear?

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
It really depends on how bad the run is. If it's not too bad, use a paint paddle, hard block or something like that with 1000 grit wet. Then once you get the run flat, go over with 1500 along with the rest of the hood. Then wetsand and buff.
As far as the candy over the black, out in the sun you'd be fine, but in certain lighting conditions you will see a slight difference to the adjacent panel.