Dupont Hot Hues Paint Shop Question

mjgord5113

Hi there all, In the past I have used the Dupont Hot Hues Paint Shop to show what different colors look like on the cars they had in there system and now can't find it, where did it go? It has been a few years gone by that I used it and was told the company "Dupont was sold. Does any body know if the New Company does the same as Dupont did with there Hot Hues Paint Shop. thanks in advance for all help provided from you all. Marvin

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome. I remember the Hot Hues, but I don't remember what they used to show what the colors look like. Is this like the House of Kolor little car bodies (lol)?
Can you just use House of Kolor?

I didn't know that Dupont sold or sold that system
How times have changed from 10-15 years ago

mjgord5113

Welcome. I remember the Hot Hues, but I don't remember what they used to show what the colors look like. Is this like the House of Kolor little car bodies (lol)?
Can you just use House of Kolor?

I didn't know that Dupont sold or sold that system
How times have changed from 10-15 years ago

Taz they used real type looking cars. Here is what I came up with back in Dec.29,2006.56 Bel Air 01.jpg56 Bel Air 02.jpg

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, I never have seen that. I thought for sure I have something laying around in my books that is Hot Hues related.
I'll have to check it out today

mjgord5113

Dupont on Feb 1 2013 sold the performance Coatings division to Axalta. Products include refinish, Standox, Spies Hecker, Nason, Imron just to name a few. I have left them a message asking if they have keep the " Hot Hues Paint Shop" just like it was in/for Dupont. I'll post the info as I get it. Marvin

Here is what I have found so far.

Axalta Coating Systems
Eagleview Corporate Center
500 Eagleview Blvd
Exton, PA

!-855-629-2582

Last edited:

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting info

That'd be great. Keep us posted
I looked for a color chart, but did not see it. I thought for sure I had it.

When I first got into painting, I painted Fuller O Brian Nason - headquarters were in Brunswick Georgia.

mjgord5113

Interesting info

That'd be great. Keep us posted
I looked for a color chart, but did not see it. I thought for sure I had it.

When I first got into painting, I painted Fuller O Brian Nason - headquarters were in Brunswick Georgia.

Taz & others, I have tried to contact them "Axalta Coating Systems" and tried a .com approach not finding anything for the old Dupont Hot Hues Paint Shop. Also tried its phone number only to get a message saying they have a problem with incoming calls at the moment. O well I gave it the old College try.

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the info and trying.
Funny how times have changed. A lot of start up paint businesses or paint lines went to the wayside in the past 10 years.

mjgord5113

Yeah it is a shame too loose that one (Paint Shop), It was fun while it lasted making different color schemes especially the two tones. O well every thing has to go some time.