DeVillbiss Problem

C

CrAzYCurt

Hows it goin?

My dad has a spray gun called DeVillbiss it is supose to be a really good gun. It was skiping when ya paint if that makes any sense. He was told to get a new needle so he got one and it still does the smae thing. Anyone have any idea what might cause this?

By skiping I mean paint comes out then just air the paint comes again like that.

D

dan green

The paint path from the cup to the needle is cloged. if its old, take it all apart and use aircraft stripper to clean it . MAKE IT SHINE AND IT SHOULD SOLVE THE PROBLEM.
bounce.gif

M

Motornoggin

You should also check the packing seal around the needle. If that seal is dry/cracked or the cap is loose the paint stream will be interupted causing a "skip". They are usually made of some kind of felt and can easily be replaced.

rex

What Motornoggin said.I've had this problem with the JGA model.If it's not the needle packing in front of the trigger,check the brass crush washer under the fluid tip (same for a gravity feed).It's caused by an air leak.The above 2 are the most common but.If it's an MBC check the washer between the head and main body.I haven't had the problem but there's an aluminum crush washer to seal them.It's held together by the top fan adjusting knob housing.