DeVilbiss PAFC5020 compressor to convert from 120v to 220v

ninetyfourians

Hi everyone, is there somebody who can help me how i can convert my 120v compressor to 220v supply, does anyone have a wiring or know how to re-wired? thanks in advance.

Wydir

if the motor can be rewired for 220v it would have a diagram on the motor itself also depending on the unit it may be able to accept 220v just as it is and it would use a voltage regulator built into the compressor no rewiring needed.

Last edited:

ninetyfourians

Thanks for the reply...(Wydir thanks for your input but i'm not sure which wire should i connect & tomsteve...yes it is currently set-up for 120v)....i attached the picture of the diagram on the motor and the wiring inside, perhaps somebody very familiar which wire should i swap or do something to convert it to 220v. Thanks again.

Attachments

• Devilbiss PAFC5020 wiring connection.jpg
    Devilbiss PAFC5020 wiring connection.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 7
  • devilbiss PAFC5020 compressor motor.jpg
    devilbiss PAFC5020 compressor motor.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

tomsteve

welp, i wish i could help ya, but please let us know when ya figger it out a pic or 2 of what ya had to change.

Wydir

according to the diagram the top white wire would go where the brown wire is currently and the brown wire would move to the spade connector that is currently open next to the L2 connection. then all you have to do is change out the plug end to plug it into a 220 outlet (unless you use an adapter)

and just for reference the white wire I am referring to is next to the yellow wire.