devilbiss gfg 670 plus

fosterjeff00

Hi guys i am new to this forum and also to painting. So here i go i bought a gfg 670 and i can not get the fan pattern to change at all

it almost looks like something is missing where the spreader valve goes. Can anybody send me a pic or get me information on whats going on

its driving me crazy. i looked many times at the diagram . how does the spreader valve close off those two air holes in the gun when it doesn't

even reach them, not even close. i cleaned the gun completely and nothing changes i have a fan about 10 inches wide and wont change at all

any help here would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 2011 083.jpg
    2011 083.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 2011 081.jpg
    2011 081.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 2011 082.jpg
    2011 082.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 3

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the Custom Paint Forum

I'm not familiar with the 670.
I found a PDF file that contains all parts for that gun
From the pic, looks like you have everything.

Hope that helps!

fosterjeff00

gfg 670

Welcome to the Custom Paint Forum

I'm not familiar with the 670.
I found a PDF file that contains all parts for that gun
From the pic, looks like you have everything.

Hope that helps!

thanks for the info but i have that pdf and i also dont see anything missing so why can't i get a round spray or any other fan pattern
this gun is horrible if this is all it does but i think something is wrong

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Just to confirm that the knob is turning all the way in and all the way out? Something stopping it from turning?

fosterjeff00

ok so i called devilbiss and a guy named mike was more than willing to help me out

he said i am missing the air seperator. problem solved

thank you guys for helping me out and thank you devilbiss for having such awesome customer service :bigokay:

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Great to hear.
Also great to hear that Devillbiss has great customer service. Sure goes a long way in todays world!