dent

94 ram

Is there a cheap and effective way to get dents out without expensive tools or taking it to a body shop?
bounce.gif
By the way it's a truck bed panel. But I also have dents in the gas tank of my bike.
crap.gif

rex

That's a subject that is very individual and can have a book written on.Dings and such can just be filled,but a dent can need pulled in various ways and degrees.Some pull or pop out nice,others need major pulling,and dents worse than that need shrinking along with pulling,each dent is unique and requires a different version of repair.If it isn't a ding,it's a literal meaning that 'I need to see it'.

ezrider

Rex, dont you just love when a potential customer asks you how much to fix a dent about "this " big and they dont have the damaged vechical with them and they cant understand why you cant give them a price.or the best is when they call on the phone and cant understand why.
haha.gif

94 ram

so I guess I am gonna have to take it to a shop? Oh well thanks for the help.

ezrider

you can try it your self, but it dose take some speciality tools and it dose take a little bit of khowledge and a whole bunch of patients. i am sorry if i offended you Ram i didnt mean to. it just brought up somthing we deal with every day with some costomers.
bigokay.gif

rex

Oh man.They really don't seem to understand no matter how hard you explain it.Some paint work falls right in there too.The phone calls kill me.Got the scooter together but I need a new place to store pics.Hopefully I'll get to it in a week or so.Later.

rex

Hey Ram,sorry I didn't get back.Like Joe said,we weren't try to insult you or blow you off.We might be a little help if you can descibe the dents and their exact location.Filling dings is easy,but when you get to pulling dents it's a whole new ballgame.It takes a long time to learn this stuff hands-on.Even the tech school coarses leave alot to be desired from the cases I've seen.Not trying to turn you off though.If you want to learn this stuff for a hobby go for it.Your best bet is see if you can find someone locally to help you.If there's nobody you know see if you can find a bodyman that does side work or will teach you some on your vehicle.Don't ask his boss though,ask him personally out in the shop and if he wont ask if he knows anyone in the area that might do it.There's still a few of us around that will help teach someone.I wont teach anyone to do it for a living though.I have to make money while at work and can't devote that much time for free,but mainly for the fact I tell them their nuts to even consider it.The insurance industry has raped our buisness so bad 10X more people leave than are coming in.Unregulated capitalism at it's best.It's kind of funny how Bill Gates got sued over a supposed monopoly but insurance companies can rape you on rates and constantly increase them,but when it's time to collect on a claim it's like trying to check a ****ed off grizzly for prostate cancer.Gotta love this to do it for a living without going postal.Let us know what's going on.