Decals

Vettra

Whenever possible I use paint for logos and such instead of decals. However when painting something like a racing helmet I would like to use decals in situations where there is small type. Question- is there a printer device that allows you to print of a decal of sorts that will stand up to clear coat? I have a plotter but it doesn't print.

fontgeek

It depends on the clear coat you use, and the type of printer and substrate you use. The substrate itself may be as big an issue as the ink itself. Most printers don't/can't print white, they depend upon the background being white for that end of things. There are dye sublimation printers and such that can print white, but they are expensive machines to own and maintain.

fontgeek

You might look for a desktop printer called "The Edge", it can print and cut things like decals and such, but be warned they are not cheap.

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
You might look for a desktop printer called "The Edge", it can print and cut things like decals and such, but be warned they are not cheap.

Would this be like a plotter? Or is it a combo printer/plotter (cutter)?

fontgeek

It's a printer/cutter combo, at least the last version I saw was, who knows, they may have added in even more features since then.