Custom airbrushed SNES console and 2K clear?

Kirbybird85

Hi everybody, I'm doing a custom airbrushed snes console with some cover art I airbrushed from a game as the theme. However, I've yet to clear coat it because I'm nervous as hell as it's my first one using 2K clear (In a spray-max can). I don't know if I should spray the 2k clear spray-max onto the console fully assembled or disassembled. My worry is that the components won't go back together because of the thick clear in between where the seems are created when assembled. However if I were to clear coat the snes when fully assembled, I could end up sealing all the connection points/seems together and not be able to ever disassemble it again without causing major damage. I thought about carefully masking off every single little edge, corner and under side and then spray disassembled that way but it's damn near impossible for me to manipulate the mask in such a manner unless I'm just bad at the more complex masking techniques. Thank you for taking the time guys. I really appreciate any help on this dilemma.