Createx ?

Lone Wolf

Hey all,

I need some info on this Createx
I'm familiar with HOK and 1 shot, but would like to know where and on what Createx is used for and on.
Need the Hows, wheres on what and whens.
Where do I go for all the info? And to buy?
Is it economical.
What type of clears?

Anything you can share with me would be appreciated.

thanx,

Lone Wolf

K

Kelly Ruble

Hi Lone Wolf, I have used Createx with good results. For automotive use the Createx Auto Air brand. It can be purchased at Dixie Art Supply, Bear Air, etc. It is inexpensive and can be cleared with any polyurethane automotive clear. Hope this helps.
Kelly Ruble

Lone Wolf

Thanx Kelly,

What about something like HOK urethane clear? What type of sealer do you lay down first? As for that, what about primer, standard automotive primer?

Are you using this paint for helmets? Harley tanks?

Are there different types of createx? You seem to be specifying Createx Auto Air, I thought i heard of this type being used for T-shirts. Are people useing Createx something and not Createx Auto Air?

If there are more thatn 1 type, are thay all water based?

Thanx,

Lone Wolf

K

Kelly Ruble

The createx has different lines for automotive(autoair), Textile paints(createx airbrush colors) and various other paints. Go to there web site and it should answer most of you questions. I have never used HOK as of yet. I have used the createx on helmets and mc tanks.
Kelly Ruble
http://fireoneairbrush.tripod.com
cheers.gif

T

TWISTED

I've done helmets, shirts, bikes, wall, watercraft, RC car bodies, guitars, drum and drum heads, and many other items with createx. They work pretty good. Any urethane clear works (HoK, Dupont, PPG, etc.
Prep everything the same as with urethane or laquer.

Lone Wolf

Thanx for the good feedback.

But, just so I don't try anything weird, let me ask this.

I want to paint something on the mud plugs of a dirt late model car. They are made of a dense foam. Should I use the Auto Air paint or the fabric type?

The plugs are a dark color and will have to have a light color base applied first. Then the colors.
The foam plugs get flexed and crunched during the installation. We take them out to change the tires and put them back in. So they are in and out 3-4 times a night.

Any ideas on how to make this process work well on them?

Thanx again,

Lone Wolf

T

TWISTED

I use regular createx and auto air together. I don't think there is much of a difference. There is an auto air base coat white you can use for the base. I am not sure what the mud plugs are but if they are bent or crushed I don't know how well the paint will hold up.

Lone Wolf

The foam plugs get squished and squeezed a bunch. Ya got a 14" foam plug your shovin in a 12" hole. So ya squeeze the sides in and then push the center in with your knee. It would kinda be like paintin' on a sponge with tight pores.

That's why I'm wondering if the fabric type is more flexable. Since it's used for T-shirts and such.

thanx,

Lone Wolf

If any one has a toll free nuber to call them, please post it.

T

TWISTED

I used the regular and auto air paints to do a leather jacket and a vinyl tire cover. I don't think the flexing will be a big problem but it is a different surface. The plugs are more porous so they should be ok.
Here's the website for createx
You may want to test one before putting a lot of work into the paint job on it.

Lone Wolf

Thanx,

I'll give it a try, planning on just doing a simple tribal design on them. So I won't have much time in them.

Thanx again,

LW

Lone Wolf

How to mix?

the supplier told me to use a 50:50 mix of denatured alcohol and water to thin the paint.

then an artist that uses createx told me not to use alcohol to mix with. Only use water.

What do most of you use?

thanx,

LW

T

TWISTED

If you need to thin it I use distilled water. Tap water will cause lots of problems because of the chlorine and chemicals in it. Just add a few drops at a time until it sprays good.

K

Kelly Ruble

Thin with the water and add a couple of drops of alcohol. It helps the paint flow better.
Kelly