Clear coat through an airbrush?

H

hiett_431

I have a badger 155 anthem and would like to use it to spray some clear coat, but i'm not sure if it will flow through the brush properly. I will be using Napa's crossfire clear.
thanks

rex

I imagine it wouldn't work very well.You can with a mini touchup gun but it is slow going so I wouldn't even want to think how it would work in a brush.

B

BigG

i have an iwata eclipse and i shoot clear through it all the time. it sprays nicely if you thin it just a little bit. try it on something and see.

B

blazer73

[ QUOTE ]
i have an iwata eclipse and i shoot clear through it all the time. it sprays nicely if you thin it just a little bit. try it on something and see.

[/ QUOTE ]Hi. what do you use to clean the airbrush after using clear coat?

Bornhard

run some hi-grade thinner through the airbrush, maybe a little bit of the reducer you use in the clear first. Then disassemble the airbrush and wipe off all parts and flush some carb cleaner (buy it @ wal-mart, or auto parts store) through the body of the airbrush.

P

purple

I also use the napa paints and a badger 150, have sprayed clear. works just fine, I thinned it a lil more than a big gun. and always have a bottle of thinner to run thru right after spraying.works good for me when adding some pearl highlights.