Circles

Brian Dee

Super Moderator
ok heres a little tip for the guys having troubles doing circles or curves, Get yourself a piece of 4 or 6 inch pvc pipe.
About two feet long. Now cut it length wise, It's a great way to pracrice your circle or curves. Works great, giver a try.
It will really help your straight lines to,
Brian.

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
What do you do with the PVC? Hold it while you stripe? Interesting.

Brian Dee

Super Moderator
The curved surface of the pipe forces you to have your hand in a different position other than constantly practising on a flat surface. But for the new pin stripers,do practice on a flat plane,such as a piece of glass,or a used body panel in the begining. Once you are confident with your straight lines Then try the pipe technique. You will find it a breeze to pull lines around door handles, aerials etc. Remember the are only 10 basic strokes in pin striping and most of them are curves. Hope this helps.

Brian Dee

Super Moderator
not much more to tell. Other to pick up a brush,open a can of paint then practice practice. Stick with one shot when learning. Its mush easier to use.

Brian Dee

Super Moderator
Left and right hand C
Hour Glass left and right
S shaped left and right
Horizontal curve upright and inverted
Straight line verticle
Straight line horizontal.

10 basic strokes.

JimmyG

Left and right hand C
Hour Glass left and right
S shaped left and right
Horizontal curve upright and inverted
Straight line verticle
Straight line horizontal.

10 basic strokes.

Hey Brian....seeing your basic strokes here entices me to break out my brushes again after many years without working them....I hope they still work, I know some of my fine liners still do...

Can I add 2 more basic strokes, slanted straight line left hand and right hand, and for sport left and right slanted cross hatch lines...?
(yeah, of course I will have to go try and prove myself...)

:)~

Brian Dee

Super Moderator
Thanks Jimmy, always good to practice those two styles of lines you added. Your brushes will be fine, they come preloaded with art work.
Brian.

hoss

like this? i' m a visual person

Attachments

• 10 pinstripe strokes.jpg
    10 pinstripe strokes.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 10

Brian Dee

Super Moderator
10-strokes.jpgHere you go. Give this a try. These are what I was referring to.
Doing these curves on the PVC pipe will certainly help you.