Chrome plating

jskibi

I am in the process of having my bike painted and am looking for a chromer to do the oil tank for an '05 Fatboy. The HD dealer in my area advised against it stating that it may appear "copperish" in appearance against the stock chrome. I have looked at the Brown's plating website. Does anyone else have any leads, especially any platers that match stock chrome and/or do bike parts?

Joe

Jim

Browns are well known as the best around,a good chrome job has a blue tint to it,I would ask them about the "copperish" look.

jskibi

Thanks for the quick reply. Blue wouldn't bother me a bit since most people never notice that hue. Our HD dealership is known for pushing people to buy their product instead of sending/purchasing from a third party. A plated oil tank is $177, a new one is $446. A rep from Brown's did tell me that the color difference is most noticeable under fluorescent light. I think I'll give them a try.

Jim

I've never had anything plated by them but,for years I've heard that Browns is the best around.I'm sure you will be happy with them.