Chasing the water demon

txwayno

Been having an issue with my detail gun spitting water. Starts off good then the water starts misting out. So, I drained compressor, drained trap, still spit water. Cleaned gun added another water trap, still spit water. Changed hoses, drained compressor drained water trap, STILL SPIT WATER! That's when I noticed something. My gun handle was cold. WTH? ::::proverbial light bulb lit up:::: SO, I bought another gun and quickly tried it out. NO MORE WATER! Been fine ever since.
So, my question is have you ever heard of the gun itself "creating" water? I'm guessing the cheap ass gun was ****ing the humid air in and condensing the water as I sprayed. Only thing I can come up with.

chopolds

I can't imagine why a new gun would stop the problem, maybe coincidence? You finally ran whatever water that was in the lines, out?
The best way to prevent it, aside from an expensive 'aftercooler' or big dessicant dryer, is to put your water separator as far from the compressor as possible. Lets the air cool enough for the water to get removed. As long as it is hot, it can get through the filters, but upon cooling as the air "un-compresses" the water droplets form.