candy flames

jimizee028

i have an 07 big dog chopper,i also have been paintin cars for 25 years,and everything i own eventually gets repainted,i like flames and beings my little hot rod is flamed i would like to do the same with this bike,i am a fan of black and love the candy tangerine colors so i want the tank to be black and the flames to be tangerine,the problem is eveytime i do the candy flames i have such a big build up in paint where the flames are that i have to wet sand and reclear at least 3 times,i have thought of paintin tha entire bike tangerine and then maskin off the flames and doin the black and i will have very little paint lines,can i get your guys opinions on this matter

T

TAZ

That's exactly how you do it, or unless you are doing ghost flames, then you have to do the flames last. But if you want 'solid' painted candy flames, paint the candy first, then mask up the flames and spray the rest of the parts black.
I have a step by step to do this type work including adding a pinstripe around the flames (without hand pinstriping).
The How-To section is a pay-for section of this site (the only section that is pay-for.

Info on that here

The job shown is doing a scallop job with a black base, candy red scallops and a silver outline. It shows the process of doing it backwards.
The same would apply for your job.
:moon: