candy clear

lourod

when im done with the clear over candy and get ready for flames must i sand orange peel flat now or can i wait for final clear coat and just scuff for flames or will it show in final clear

hoss

how many coats of clear did you put on?

i would get as much orange peel out as i could out before i went on. the orange peel might show in the flame graphic. if you paint over a big edge or big orange peel, the surface of your flame won't be laying flat. the sun will catch the edge and show a shadow. everyone will see the imperfection and you've locked it down when you put your final clear over it.

make sure you've put enough clear on that you're not going to cut through to you kandi color. if you start sanding kandi away, it's a pain in the sfinkter to get it blended back correctly.

lourod

thanks for answer on orange peel if i start applying intercoat clear

if i start applying inercoatclear after candy or other bases and scuff before flames .Will i see the uneven clear after i scuff the intercoat clear. It is not very flat when im finish applying intercoat clear.

hoss

inner coat clear is not a filler. if you spray over uneven areas the sprayed area will just follow the uneven area.

how many coats of clear did you shoot over the kandi? if you shot 3-4 coats, then block sand your paint w/ 800 and be carefull on all the edges and high spots on the meta.

lourod

thanks hoss

I did sand thu the candy with 800 wet only one spot will try to cover it with flame.thanks again lou.