Candies confusion - Help Scott!!

T

trucolor

After a few mistakes, i need to re-evaluate how i spray my candies. I have been mixing HOK kandy koncentrate in my intercoat clear,spray over my base, and then add 1-2 protective coats.On my last job i got terrible bleed-throughs. I have another painter who sprays the HOK uro kandies but adds no hardner, then mist coats the clear. Any thoughts? how is everyone else doing it?? I need something that i can sand out any dust or nibs......Thanks

rex

I haven't used HOK yet,but from the impression I get from EZ you're doing it the right way,not your friend.By bleed do you mean the candy moved around when you cleared it?If so you hit it too fast with clear.Watched a few high metalics do that right in front of my eyes a few times I misjudged things-egg timers are really cool for this.God knows how many times I forgot what time it was when I walked out of the booth and had to guess.If you want a scuff coat,just blow a coat of the base (intercoat) clear over it so you have something to work with.Scott's the man that can really help you though.

ezrider

Scott just finished a beautiful candy paint job , he is the man you want to get a reply from.What is bleeding ? The under coat or top coat. i have used HOK intensifiers with inter coat clear on graphics and have no bleeding problems. are you letting every thing flash properly ? as for spraying uro candy with no catylist, that is a NO NO. it will only air dry on the top.a candy is Pretty much Uro Clear that has been tinted, it behaves just like clear that is why you can clear right on top of it Wet on Wet.