Can you spray dupont base thru an airbrush?

S

Shawn

I just recently purchased and airbrush, and I am about to paint my project mustang.

I am wondering if I can use a basecoat thru the airbrush?
The reason I ask is because I plan on doing a 'flamed' pinstripe down the side, about 2 inches tall, and down the length of the car. It will be masked off, not totally freehand, but I'd like to add a few shadows and such. I have access to base coat, so I figured I'd ask if I could use it.

If not, what is best to spray thru a Paasche brush? I am not sure what gun it is (it was a gift), it says 'P-118' on the box.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks!

Shawn

DaveK

Shawn,

You can spray urethane based paint through any airbrush. Some airbrushes may last longer than others that are made to hold up to that kind of paint. Thinners eat at seals in the gun.

Dave

D

DDG

When spraying urethanes through an airbrush be sure to over reduce them, about double will be fine.

S

sassygrl47

shawn you sure can use dupont base with a airbrush. my first flame job i used dupont base for flames shot from a cheap airbrush, but like DDG said make sure you reduce them enough. i learned that the hard way after like ten test sprays.(DUH.....)good luck buddy. -sassygrl