Can someone identify?

Sixfeetofmud

Hey all.

I had a bare steel fender that I sanded with 400 and cleaned with Dupli colour auto prep spray. I then used a self eching primer followed by two coats of filler primer. Sanded with 600. The next day I cleaning it with the same cleaner, waited 10 mins then sprayed 3 light coats of dupli color metal specks. After 2 hours I brought it into daylight and noticed this bloching. Any ideas what happened and how to fix this?

Attachments

• 7575E6CB-1577-46E4-88D6-23151027A32D.jpeg
    7575E6CB-1577-46E4-88D6-23151027A32D.jpeg
    186.1 KB · Views: 4

bauchamalia

Different products may have different drying times, solvents, or chemical compositions that can interact and cause issues. Check the compatibility information provided by the manufacturers and make sure to follow their recommendations for layering and application. Or when applying the Metal Specks, make sure to follow the recommended spraying distance and technique provided by Dupli-Color. Applying the paint too heavily or too close to the surface can result in uneven or blotchy coverage. Try spraying lighter and more even coats, allowing the paint to dry between each application.

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Possibly it might be some contaminates coming through the base.
It's almost like something splashed or it was wet with something (possibly an oil). I noticed at the very top there are some longer small areas that look like a result of something 'splashing' before you painted it
If you plan on redoing, you may be able to carefully sand through until you find what is causing the problem, even if you have to go to the metal