Call for Artist for "Street Art" show

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smyth22

My name is Robby Smith and I am a motorcycle builder that is working with the local arts council (www.decaturarts.org) in Decatur, IL to organize and recruit artists for an upcoming art exhibit for the month of September 09. The theme of the show is “Street Art” and will include artwork from tattoo artists, graffiti artists, pin stripers, car painters, air brushers, leather workers, and skateboard artists from throughout the nation. The show will also include two custom motorcycles that I have built.

My goal, with this show, is to get people to recognize and appreciate artwork that often goes unnoticed or under appreciated with an emphasis on art that may literally pass people by on the street.

I am excited about having the opportunity to display this form of artwork in such an established gallery. I truly want this show to be a success and would really appreciate your assistance.

If you are an artist and are interested in submitting your artwork for the show, please e-mail me (rosmyth22@yahoo.com) or e-mail/call Sue Powell (sue@decaturarts.org) 217.423.3189. Applications can also be found at www.decaturarts.org

I can assure you that your artwork will be professionally displayed, safe, and returned to you in the exact condition that is was received.

In addition, please inform ANYONE that you think may be interested in submitting artwork for the show. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Robby Smith

www.robbysmith.net
rosmyth22@yahoo.com

T

TAZ

Holy crap Robby…You can definitely tell you are a noobie to 'forums'. You just can’t register and login and start spamming the forums with your event posts!!!!!!!!!!!

This is not a register and spam forum.

I'm a member of 3 different major forums, and they would 'ban' you if you continually post the exact same post throughout the forum like you did.
You find the section that is most fitting, then you post it in that one forum. Not 6 (you posted 6 of the same posts, not 4 like you mentioned) posts to six different sections with a copy and paste post. Heck this was even you first post. Most forums (including ours) will not let you post an ‘event’ post like this (especially with a link) until you get a certain number of posts under your belt.

Why in the worl are you offended because we would only leave 1 post up and not all 6.
Not for sure why you feel that you need for our members to see all 5 posts to get the message and not just the one that you’re having a show.

Then you contact me through email and not the forum!!!
Geeze…
:bs:

Funny you emailed me, but you failed to read your own show agreement.

"DAAC reserves the right to reject any work not suitable to the venue"

:haha:

How fitting is that. Guess some of our members work could get rejected!!!
That could mean NONE of their work could be shown.

:haha:

[FONT=&quot]
--------------------------Your email to me

Taz,

I am writing you because my four posts were deleted yesterday regarding a call for artists for an art show. I am not selling anything. I am not trying to get e-mail addresses. I am not doing anything shady. I just want to let artist know that there is a show where they can show their work. What better place to let artists know about it than a custom paint forum, right? Apparently not. My post were deleted by Brian Dee due to the nature of them. Are you serious? No offense, but I think your staff is taking life and custom painting a little too serious when posts about an art show are deleted. Yes, I did post it in four different areas, but that is because I wanted to reach air brushers, pin stripers and as many artists as possible. I have attached a .pdf file to let you know that this show is legit and very professional. Please allow me to post this information in the future. Thank you.

[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.