Bought new gun -Walcom "slim" 1.3 mm HVLP

B

big stinkie

Bought new gun -Walcom \"slim\" 1.3 mm HVLP

Oh yeah. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bounce.gif Just bought my first 'real' gun. The guys at the paint supply place and I had been talking about Satas for a long time, but the price kept me at bay. I wandered in the other day and on the counter he had a brand new Walcom with my name written all over it. He said they ordered it, figuring I'd like it. Paid $250 for it. Didn't shop around since those guys are so good to me. Hope I didn't pay too much.

Walcom Slim HVLP 1.3 mm

Anyway, once I got it figured out and fooled with it a while, I have discovered what a difference a good gun makes. I had a cheap HVLP no name gun before. It was OK compared to all my other guns...since I had no other guns, that isn't saying much! This thing atomizes the dickens out of paint and lays it down like silk. Just shot some clear coat (PPG Stratoclear 2082) and it will need minimal sanding before polishing. And the sanding it does need is mostly because of crud floating in the air and landing on my work.

If'n ya can't cough up enough for a Sata, I wouldn't be afraid of this Walcom. Decent price, and it comes with all sorts of goodies. A good pressure guage/regulator, rebuild kit, cleaning tool, internal paint filters, metal cup, and a nice carry-case. Best of all, it squirts paint quite well.

JMHO, YMMV, FWIW,

Andy

S

seedeucer

Re: Bought new gun -Walcom \"slim\" 1.3 mm HVLP

Nice to hear about the Walcom guns stinkie. I was looking at one a couple of months ago. Instead I found a mint Satajet 2000 on Ebay for $220. I already had the Sata Minijet which is the little brother to the 2000. But if I go looking for another gun (which I know will happen) I am going to look into the Walcoms again.

rex

I've heard they're a damn nice gun like the Sagola.For the hell of it do a check on replacement parts,Satas are very expensive to rebuild and Sagola is hard to get parts for since they come from Spain-that rebuild kit might be gold you got with it.Either way it was a hell of a deal,good scarf man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bigokay.gif

T

tiller2nv

Is this the same gun?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2367359372&category=22779
Ive been looking at this gun for a couple months but just didnt know. Im also looking at this gun by Walcom. But I really dont know the difference in the two except for the CFM. Does anyone know if one is better then the other.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2366568038&category=22779&rd=1
Just looking for a really good clear gun.