Badger airbrushes

M

mikey

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/think.gifI was considering buying a badger 155 airbrush for some flame work, anyone using this? If badgers aren't the best any other recommendations, please specify make and model.

Thanks

A

Anthony

I believe the 155 is also known as the Anthem. I have tried it, but to me the trigger is just too small. I like the other Badger airbrushes....the Vega 2000 and the Omni 3000 which are both good for airbrushing. You don't necessarily need a gravity feed airbrush for flame work. I have an Iwata HP-C that I use for detail work where I need to get up real close and drop the pressure real low.

T

tcannon

Mickey, one pretty good brush is the Pasche VL. You can get a complete kit from Harbor Freight Tools for about $59. I've had one of these for years and use it quite often. They work real well for brushing things like T-shirts and shadowing flame outlines but are limited in their fine line ability. This is not to say you can't get good detail with the right viscosity of paint or ink in combination with the correct air pressure. TC

Bornhard

Iwata's Eclipse line is my choice. OMNI is a close runner up. I'm really big on Iwata's 'cause they're solvent proof seals and excellent spraying. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bigokay.gif

Bornhard

daaaamn! should of sold my Paasches instead of repeatedly running over them in my truck. They did alright for poster painting, but never really did it for me with Urathanes....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beat.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lolsign.gif