?? Badest holding ABS glue or epoxy

Booggerbe1

Ok forum help me out here. What is the best holding epoxy , glue,quick weld epoxy or what ever . I dont care if it is 3m , locktite or another brand. I am wanting to add about a 4" piece to a side panel on a HD. I bought a plastic welder but it isnt just getting the job done. The add on piece will be only about a 4" by 8" piece that i want to add to a ABS piece. I have plenty of 1/8 ABS sheets and the piece is 1/8" also. My plan is to go from behind and up about 3" on the back side and glue the added piece to the original piece. Then bondo the front and feater out the edges.( i can add bondo to ABS i hope) Or if i can find a good enough epoxy/or glue ill just make a butt joint and weld it on both side. Thanks again for any and all help. Booggerbe

Booggerbe1

Thanks FlamePain, Ok i see the 3m panel adhesive. When you say flexable filler what are you meaning. What type would you use. Thanks again. If you will shoot me a e-mail to rphillips18@comcast .net ill send you a few pics of what i am trying to do. OOOOOOOooooo when you say flexable filler are you meaning a type of Bondo . Thanks again and send me a e-mail. Booggerbe

Booggerbe1

Dang LOL, FlamePain. You could have warned me about the price of the aplicator LOl. Ok ill go the paint store tomorrow and see what i can get my hands on . Thanks Again booggerbe

flamepain

dont go just yet.i'll phone my jobber tomorow.i think you can do it way cheaper.sorry i forgot about the gun and they are spesific to that product so dont try to substitute it.i'll post for you tomorow.ps:your email did not work.

flamepain

OK here it is.dominion sure seal makes a product that works well.the adhesive is part number :RFNTR. THE FILLER IS NUMBER :RF .this stuff comes in tooth paste tubes .you mix it fifty fifty i think.to be safe read the directions on the packet.he also told me to use a high build primer to seal and finish it.good luck .

ps:got your pics but i still cant send to you.wanna see the hole bike.cyas

tattoohiggy

The best epoxy glue I have ever used is Araldite, once used it to fix a split plastic diesel tank while still leaking oil. Before you ask I coated a cotton bandage with the glue, folded it up and rammed it into the hole with a screwdriver. Once set it was trimmed and and a second coat smeared over to complete. I had the vehicle for years and it never leaked. A form of Araldite called Aerodite is used to construct airliners.