Bad news....

A

alienboy

After painting for about 5 years I'm gonna have to quit. I've noticed that over the past month every time I paint I get terrible headaches and start to shake. I always am a cautious person when it comes to painting. I wear a full body paint suit and a high dollar resperator (not to mention I paint in a booth). Unfortuantley any time I smell (or breathe) any fumes I have a bad reaction. I don't know if this has happened to anybody else, but just remember guys, this paint can cause you harm if your not carefull.

T

TAZ

Well...good luck to you. Sounds like the icocyanates caught up to you. The first sign of when it is time to quite is when you get the shakes...it's your nevous system the icocyanates attacks.

A fair warning to all!!!

Good luck to you in whatever you decide to do! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Jim

Bummer,that is bad news,I remember a lady from OSHA came to work to talk about chemicals and such,she said everybody has a certain level that thier bodies can handle,after that,all sorts of reactions from hives all the way to death can happen.This goes for all kinds of chemicals from mild to wild.When your body reaches it's limits,you should heed the warning signs.This post realy makes me think about how much reducer,clear,paint etc... I breath and clean up with...and I'm not even done with my booth yet!I guess it's never too early to be cautious.Maybe waterbase is the way to go for you now.Good Luck to you,Jim

Burnt

Sorry to hear about you having to quit painting. There are other things you can do that will keep you in the painting field if you want. Like learning how to pinstripe or using an airbrush with water based paints to do artwork for other painters. I know how I would feel if I had to quit spraying. Just a thought... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/luck.gif

T

TAZ

Don't know what you had in mind to do...but possibly check out being a paint rep or working at a paint store (or owning one :)

Scott