Automotive artist/paint/graphic designer...

TMooreGraphics

Hey everyone...I'm a newbie here and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Tony, I'm a 43 y/o male from St. Louis, MO and besides working a full-time gig at a Fortune 500 company during the day, I own my own automotive design business on the side (tmooregraphics.com)...specializing in custom paint design, logo design, renderings, etc. I've got over 21 years of experience in the graphic design industry.

I actually signed up here as I've got a customer looking to paint his car in gloss/matte finish and am seeking some info...so I've posted in the appropriate forum hoping to get some good advice from some of you experts here.

Anyway...back on topic, I'm a car fanatic...been one since birth. My dad owned a 1970 GTO Judge (original owner) which he parted ways with several years back. But so all of my youth I've been around and involved with cars. My first car was a 70 VW bug and my second was a 1986 Toyota pickup that I had custom painted by a buddy of mine and I pulled out all the stops on that truck. Since then, I've had a number of custom cars and have even done some of my own painting on a few of them using DuPont Chromabase paints. Lots of work, but it's been some fun experiences.

Anyway, here are a few of my current and past rides...

my current daily driver, a 1992 GMC Sierra...

GMC-71412_leftside_top.jpg

and here's my previous ride...a 2001 ZX3. I did the custom paint myself after a 14 week paint course...

804_10_rear.jpg

804_12_top_frtZ.jpg

804_7_sidetop_bZ.jpg

Z_flake_closeup.jpg

our 2001 Mustang GT which we still have...

M_912_over_top_frt_R.jpg

M_912_low_rear.jpg

I'll have to search for some pics of my 1986 Toyota...that truck had all kinds of stuff done to it. I sunk every paycheck into it back then.

Anyway...there's a little insight into me and what I do. Looking forward to hanging around in here and learning some tips/tricks and other info.

Thanks!

Last edited:

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the Custom Paint Forum. Looks like you do nice work.

There have been a few discussions on the non-gloss blacks.
You may also want to do a forum search for " satin " or " flat " or " matte "