As a new guy looking for good gear, is this a reasonable investment?

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
I've ordered from them before. No problems, great service and quick shipping.
Normally the cheaper guns don't have the quality that the higher priced guns have. So they will work great for a while, but wear out quickly.
So if you are a hobbyist, this should work out great for you.
Also, sometimes the patterns aren't perfect, but this is my experience on cheaper guns about 15 years ago, so possibly the quality is better than it used to be.

AR15

If you were going to suggest two good guns for a beginner like me (hobby cars, bikes, boats) what do you feel would be good ones to have to start with? Brands, models and reasons why will help me a lot.

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Though I have not used them, I have heard and read that the Devilbiss Finishline guns are very good guns. As you can see in they are a little more, but I'm sure the quality is there more than the one's you had a link to.
I haven't used them but for about 10 years, all I sprayed was DeVilbiss. I have had at least 5 JGA guns which were now the old school siphon fed guns. Before then, I used the Binks 7 (real old school). Some guns for sale. Watch buying used, but if that's all you can afford, they might be a good buy. You may have to rebuild them though. So be sure and price a rebuild kit.

DeVilbiss Finishline Spray Guns

scapegoat

Binks # 7 and lacquer , LOL ,that brings back memories ! I use Sata and Sharp HVLP guns . The kit above a friend of mine has . I have used it a few times . For the money it performs well . I have used the touch up gun many times , really like that one .

Wydir

I have used the finishline guns from Devilbiss they are good guns I would say start out with those , those guns you mentioned look like copies of old SATA NR92-95 guns just the air control is on the bottom

also I have had good luck getting used SATA guns of of ebay granted they are more money