Another price increase for HOK

T

TAZ

Yet another price increase from Valspar. Got a memo stating it's due to "transportation costs". Last increase was June of 2008. I'd like to be the in charge of purchasing their gas. All this sites I've seen show that gas has wen down almost 2.75 a gallon since June...bet they don't lower their prices now!! I emailed John about a month ago

A nice memo from John Hall of Valspar--------------------

*[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT] *[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We are a hell of a lot more tire of the increases than you are. Fuel costs have only begun dropping this past month. It's not our fuel, it's the ridiculous surcharges the freight companies are hitting us with. Cost of raw materials have also sky rocked as well (most are petroleum bases). Because of the economy, sales have dropped so we are having to manufacture smaller batches and this increases the cost of finished goods as well.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I can appreciate your frustrations, but ours is at least as big as your's are.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your business and we hope to see things improve soon.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]John Hall[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Technical / Sales[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]House Of Kolor[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
To: jrhall@valspar.com
Subject: Another increase[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
I got a memo stating another increase (approx 8-10 I’ve seen in the past 3-4 years) stating the cost are getting increased because of continued transportation increases.
Are you sure you’re buying the same fuel as everyone else? The fuel prices have gone down well over a $1 per gallon since you last increase which was in June.

Jim

price increase

Scott,
My paint guy has been telling me that since I started painting.Thing is when oil goes up,paint goes up...when the oil goes down the paint stays the same.Never heard of a price reduction.......except at Walmart.
By the way, I hate Walmart but that's a whole nother discussion.
Jim