Another noob, sorry!

Bsporty

Hey everyone... New here...I've been messing around with brushes here and there.I just get so frustrated sometimes.I have a lot of trouble coming up with designs.Im not sure where to really start.I've tried using telephone books to practice getting lines straight.I don't really know where to start as far as even what to practice.
I used to work at a shop where I was allowed to put the painted stripes on my jobs( with a stencil)... But my boss now doesn't let me...I guess he didnt like the fact that I could do them and he couldn't.
Anyways, I did read on here to try the finger painting pads so I'm going to get a few of those...I have 3 xcaliber brushes,one shot paints, reducer, hardner, and the preservative.I also have mineral spirits.anything else I need?
I guess I just need some direction and patience.lol
I really want to start practicing every weekend!

YoungSport

Im also new in the process over all but i am in an autographics class at my college. The instructor has us currently takeing our excalaber brushes and doing some basic practice. This may be to simple for you but im sure the same theory could translate into harder stuff. He gave us a packet with some line starting with strait contuing up to harder things (i havent gotten to far yet as we just started). We take the paper with the line on it and tape a clear cleen overhead sheet over it and just copy. The paint can whipe off for more practice without destroying it. We have been tossing it bc apperently they are reletivly cheep im not sure though for sure, it could be just because we are at a school. I hope this helped ya out

1-shot slinger

I took a striping class from Jeff Styles once and I asked him " Jeff , how do I know where to go with my next line " he says " it is like a roadmap you can go anywhere !" I said Jeff you are not helping me .