American Chopper Series

O

orange peel

Monster Garage topic....They dont seem to pay for the paint job and get it done in a day..!!??

How much do you think he gets for painting Jesse's stuff ?

rex

I'm sure he's getting paid behind the scenes through some arrangement,I've seen $800 or more in materials dropped on one of those morphs,but I've only seen a few of the shows.The advertising is great but he doesnt need it and would make more money on his own work.I'm sure he and Jesse have an arrangement too on a price for doing his bikes,but if you want him to paint yours it's more than the general market price.Granted he's good but when you get that famous and sought after you can set your own price and still have more work than you can handle.

D

DenB.

Must stink to be in that position, hey! rex?? we can only hope for now
smile.gif
coming up in the fall a local bike builder here in Ma.is doing 12 shows ---Dave Perewitz

T

t-boy62

There’s a guy in the same vintage car club I belong to and he was one of the contestants(?) or participants or whatever you want to call them (he worked on the schoolbus/pontoon boat) and he says 80% of the show is pure fiction. Aside from the 5 participants there are another 10 guys who work on the vehicles that you don’t see on the show. He also said that they would film sequences two or three times to get it right, meaning if that weld or cut didn’t look right on tape then they would have another of the exact part they were working on and weld it or cut it again. There were two weeks between when they worked on the vehicle and they filmed the final sequence where they use the pontoon bus. His only gripe on the show was that through clever editing they made him look like the guy all the others hated but he said they all actually got along great.

D

DenB.

sounds like the typical film B/S done to make it interesting and watchable

stott1

Personally I think the guys at occ use and abuse people with the actual talent. It's not like any of them can actually build the whole bike, much less paint it. What is Pauli gonna pull out a rattle can and is Mikey gonna stripe it with a crayon while Paul Sr. yells at them and stomps his feet? Give me a break. Any moron can apply extra chunks of metal to a prefab frame and tins and call it custom. As you all know it takes some serious skill to paint them too. Everything they do is pre-fab over dressed crap that a good painter makes look good. (A highly polished turd) I want to see them form a fender, hammer out a tank and bend up the tubes for a frame. Then top it all off by going over to the mill or the lathe and fabing thier own misc. parts for assembly without a $1/2 mil water jet. After that assemble thier own engine and trans that they have painstakingly polished and machined and measured and torqued. I have the proven skills and abilities for that. What I don't have is some t.v. show shoving money up my butt so I can afford to buy the equipment needed to do all these things. It ****es me off to see these guys charging outrageous money for shirts and hats and all the b.s. and all they are is glorified t.v. celebs. These guys even put thier signature on a freaking sausage. WTF. The only thing that makes this program worth a **** is they give generous amounts of money to charity. Probably another publicity stunt. The worst part of all is that people are naive enough to buy into it. Just my not so humble opinion.

T

TAZ

This was a thread from 2003....is that show even around any more

:haha: