alot of fish eye!!!

RandR

really complete noob to painting...so here is my deal... i painted some fenders yesterday paint came out pretty good but had a 1 run so i went to wetsand it out then buff but where im a complete newb here i i messed it all up an buffed it down into the primer.. so i washed it down wet sanded it with 600 then 2000 and washed it again with dishwashing liquid.. and went to spay it again and it fished eyed like crazy.. my question is do you think it is the buffing compound in tyhe paint that caused the fish eye.. i cleaned it really good though... or do you think it is coming out of my gun.. it is a brand new gun painted perfect yesterday took it apart cleaned it and it had some lube on the pin so i cleaned it really good do you think it is coming out of my gun?? thanks

tomsteve

gotta use a wax and grease remover after washing it down. if ya dont have a good moisture seperator/trap, it can throw contaminates into the finish. but the main reason for fisheyes is rushing the painting process and not allowing each coat to flash off before goin onto the next coat. thats where most prolems with fisheyes come from( in my shop anyways). adding more coats before the solvents have evaporated traps solvents underneath and they gotta get out some how.2000 grit is way too fine to sand for new paint to grab. jumping from 600 to 2000 is way too big of a jump in grits. wet sanding clear starts at 1000 grit for me. "buffing" it to the primer??? what pads/ products are you using?

just to add, if ya washed itusing a hose, yer gonna have to get ALL of the water off of there. it can sit in cracks/crevices and kick ya once the trigger is pulled on the gun. noting but wax and grease remover for me once any prep work starts.

z3german

really complete noob to painting...so here is my deal... i painted some fenders yesterday paint came out pretty good but had a 1 run so i went to wetsand it out then buff but where im a complete newb here i i messed it all up an buffed it down into the primer.. so i washed it down wet sanded it with 600 then 2000 and washed it again with dishwashing liquid.. and went to spay it again and it fished eyed like crazy.. my question is do you think it is the buffing compound in tyhe paint that caused the fish eye.. i cleaned it really good though... or do you think it is coming out of my gun.. it is a brand new gun painted perfect yesterday took it apart cleaned it and it had some lube on the pin so i cleaned it really good do you think it is coming out of my gun?? thanks

:O!!!!!!!!! Never ever ever use dishwashing liquid. You know the commercials that go something to the tune of "Harsh on stains, easy on your hands" or something like that. Guess how they make it easy on your hands? Lotion! Lotions with potential SILICON!

But as said before, if you used wax and grease remover real good before painting i dont think you would have the fish eyes.