Airbrush part woes

Wayne Smith

I think I just went thru the most frustrating experience since I have been airbrushing.My HP-C started acting up so I went looking for a new teflon packing.I won't bore you with the whole story but it took me six months and god knows how many phone calls to get the part.In fact it was here sitting in a store the whole time.If you have problems with any of your Iwata's teflon packing remember you cannot order the packing.Only the rubber packing comes by itselff.For the teflon you have to ask for the (packing screw with the teflon, part 1-175-1).I ended up getting hold of Iwata who were very nice and sent me two packing screws for free but only after so long that I had to buy another Iwata and a Richpen to keep airbrushing.I called the store were I bought the Iwata's and asked them to order in some extra packing screws for me with teflon after all the waiting only to have the clerk say"OH we carry those and have 2 in stock".This is after asking them at least 3 times about teflon packing.So I guess you could say I got screwed by a screw but if that clerk new how lucky he was that it was over the phone and not in person he wouldn't come to work anymore.So remember that if knowledge is a weapon when your talking about repairing your airbrush to 99% of the people who sell them your dealing with the unarmed.......

Brian Dee

Super Moderator
Hi Wayne, well since you and I live in the same city. I know to whom you're referring to. I've had dealings with them in the past. The only one that knows anything there is Danny. The rest don't know s--- from popcorn. Sooooo when is the guy getting out of traction. hehe.

Kong

You can buy parts for your Iwata airbrush (or guns) from TCP global, which is located in San Diego, CA. The longest I've had to wait for an Iwata part from them has been 2 weeks. This is just a suggestion, maybe not worth much, but you can pick up a used HP-CS on E-Bay for $65~75 if you keep your eyes open and it would be mighty hard to find a better backup for the money.

LoneStarBrand

i do this all the time with black and white photos.... large image to keep to scalle i will blow it up in photoshop and print it out in sections tape it together...