Airbrush compressor help

I

imported_Rob

I am totally new to airbrushing!! I have ordered an Iwata HP-C and should be here in a few days but am unsure of what to use for a compressor. I have a 5hp craftsman with a 30 gal tank and was wondering how this would work with a pressure regulator. Also, what pressure range does an airbrush require??
Thanks in advance for the help.

T

TWISTED

Your compressor will work fine, Mine is a 6hp with an 80 gallon tank. And I have a 1.5 horse 2.5 gallon one in the house(It's a lot quieter.)
Your hp-c should do good about 15 to 20 psi. Also depends what your spraying. Thicker paints need more pressure.

B

BonesFX

Rob - I've got one of those huge industrial compressors and airbrush everynight with it - I run anywhere from 20lbs - to - 40lbs with urethanes and have no problems - make sure you hook up a water trap along with everything else - Bones!~

T

TWISTED

You may want to put a few feet of hose in between the compressor and the water trap. The moisture does not condense as it comes out of the tank. I put a few feet of copper tubing coiled up to help it condense before I put the filter on. They also make inline filters for airbrushes which I also use.

N

Nate Hansen

just make sure you dont buy one of the tiny airbrush compressors, they are a waste of money