Airbrush artwork

Hyme

I plan on using an intercoat clear (SG-100)before final clear. Is it more forgiving on "model" style paints? What should I look for in order to determine if it is compatible with eurathane?

K

Kyle

My experience with model paint was that the clear went over it and cured just fine, but the solvents in the clear re-activated the paint underneath, which NEVER cured. You could cut through the clear with a razor blade and the paint underneath would be a squishy mess months later.

I am not sure how it would work with the intercoat clear. My guess is the clear will still reactivate the model paint.

Hyme

I recently purchased an airbrush. My plan is to repaint my tank and fendors with some new artwork. The question is what kinda of paint can you use? I'm planning to use HOK bc-cc eurethane paint system. I don't want to run in to any compatability issues. I'm sure you could use their line of stripping enamals or eurethanes as long as they were thinned reduced correctly. My problem is that I don't want to spend the $ for so many different colors. Will "model" paints work with eurethane? These are easily purchased in small quantities from the hobby store.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

K

Kyle

Go to www.coastairbrush.com They sell HOK bases in 4, 8, and 16 oz containers. It will be more expensive than model paint, but model paint does not get along with eurathane clearcoat. (Tried it, years ago before I saw the light.)

M

moonlighter

Originally posted by Hyme:
I recently purchased an airbrush. My plan is to repaint my tank and fendors with some new artwork. The question is what kinda of paint can you use? I'm planning to use HOK bc-cc eurethane paint system. I don't want to run in to any compatability issues. I'm sure you could use their line of stripping enamals or eurethanes as long as they were thinned reduced correctly. My problem is that I don't want to spend the $ for so many different colors. Will "model" paints work with eurethane? These are easily purchased in small quantities from the hobby store.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

M

moonlighter

anytime ive tried model paint in my airbrush i had alot of problems with it.

T

TWISTED

If you want a bit cheaper alternative to the urethanes try createx. Bearair.com sells em. They play nice with the solvent based paints. You just have to make sure your first coat of clear is put on dry. I would suggest playing with em a bit to get used to how they work before going at your ride.
bigokay.gif