Air-Brushing learnig to trigger

D

Dean Anthony

I just purchased my first air brush, it’s a Snap-on model BF175TA and will be doing a little practice runs to get the feel of it. Does anyone have any advise on learning to trigger or advise on the pros and cons of the above model?

Thanks

W

William dean

I don't know anything about the model you got but I have been using a Badger 150 for about 5 years and love it. As for actual brushing...I would start with water colors and practice on paper.

socajun

I OWN 5 AIR BRUSHES BUT I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT YOURS. AS FAR AS KNOWING ABOUT YOUR GUN. IS IT A SINGLE OR DOUBLE ACTION TRIGGER?? AND DO YOU HAVE A BAGER 175 CRESCENDO?? CAUSE I HAVE ONE OF THOSE. ALL I CAN SAY IS PRACTICE,PRACTICE. GOOD LUCK....CAJUN
freak.gif

T

TWISTED

Checked the Snap on site. It looks like a Paasche VL.
If you never used an airbrush before start out by keeping the air going and do little dots about 1" apart for a few rows. When you get them coming out the same try connecting them with lines. Also try doing lines from thin to thick by adjusting paint flow and distance during the stroke. This helps you get a feel for the how it works and how to control the paint flow. Other than that just play with it for a while until you feel comfortable with it.