Air brushes and Paints questions

J

JOANS1TAZFAN

hi are you saying that the Auto air is not a good paint to use for cars and such if so what would be a good paint to use in a airbrush for hemets and cars and bikes.
cool.gif

02TLR

Dixieart.com is a good place to buy. Excellent prices and free shipping generally. It'll be tempting to get a Paasche VL set ($60) for the price. An Iwata HP-C costs twice as much, but the quality is a lot better and they're easier to clean.

K

Kyle

Originally posted by JOANS1TAZFAN:
hi are you saying that the Auto air is not a good paint to use for cars and such if so what would be a good paint to use in a airbrush for hemets and cars and bikes.
cool.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Use automotive paint. Most of the custom (or should I say kustom) folks like House of Kolor, or Dupont paint.

Auto Air is water based, which makes it easier to work with, but it won't last as long or look as good as solvent based paints. Aslo water based paints aren't good at resisting fuel. Have a look at the how-to on the main page for what fuel can do to crappy paint.

V

Vinman

Originally posted by 02TLR:
Dixieart.com is a good place to buy. Excellent prices and free shipping generally. It'll be tempting to get a Paasche VL set ($60) for the price. An Iwata HP-C costs twice as much, but the quality is a lot better and they're easier to clean.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

V

Vinman

I have the Paasche VL and the Aztek. The Aztek works great on my models. I never tried auto paint in it. Also never tried fine line either. The Paasche is a pain in the
mad.gif
to clean. And the point of the needle is easy to bend and then there shot.