Advice on Laquers

SJH Bodyworks

Hey this is my first post on CPF just seeking advice from other painters

I own my own bodyshop & have now built up a really good reputation for my self. Which is now pulling in the more fancy cars. Lotus's, Noble's, Porshes various other high end cars & customers looking to get show cars done or work done on them.

Here is what am asking, I'm wanting to know what lacquers are being used on show cars etc. As I am well aware lacquers price from your cheap & nasty £40 kits to your sikkens £600 kits.
For my every day jobs I am using a ppg lacquer but I am feeling I want to ask more out of a lacquer.

Can anyone help.

chopolds

Might be a problem with language, but are you really referring to lacquer paint? I know in Europe they refer to even modern paints as lacquers, but they are really urethanes, base coat/ clear coats. Lacquer is old style paint, reduced with lacquer thinner, and no hardener used at all. It air dries, no chemical curing, or crosslinking.
As for your question, if refering to modern paints, no they don't have a great depth of finish, like the old lacquers. Especially base/clear paints. You can play around with them a bit, like mixing in some base into your first coat or 2 of clear, before final clear, to increase depth, for a super nice paint job. Many show cars use custom paint, like House of Kolor, for 3 stage, and even 4 stage paint jobs, which really are show car finishes. Can't beat the look of real Candy paint on any car!