Advice on an inexpensive air brush set

S

scott6scooter

Looking for n inexpensive starter set to be used occasionally, that will give me satisfactory results. Working on very limited budget. Will be pushing it with 6HP with 30 Gal. tank. I understand I need to limit output to about 20 psi? Thanks in advance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

flamethrower

I have two. One is a piece of junk Chicago Pneumatic air brush I bought on ebay for $6. It works great for shooting primers or base coats or adhereto, etc. For artsy stuff I use a Badger. I think I paid about $60 for it. Believe it or not the little CP brush works just about as good. I'm no artist, but for outlining flames and stuff it works great. Now, I have to admit that airbrushing is like alot of things... You get what you pay for. If you want great results all the time, spend the money and get an Iwata or some other higher quality brush.Especially if you are an artist and will be doing more than just edging and stuff. I am going to buy an Iwata HP-C very soon so I can try my hand at other art on tanks and fenders. Good luck.

FT

S

scott6scooter

Thanks Flamethrower, I just today saw the CP Brush set @ Harbor Freight and wondered for $20.00 what kind of quality it would produce. Any advice on where to get a good deal on an Iwata? and what should I expect to pay for a starter set? Thanks again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/peace.gif

flamethrower

About the best prices are at www.airbrush-depot.com

I would get either an HP-C model ($169) or an Eclipse-CS ($126). These prices are for just the airbrush itself. They do sell complete kits, but if you already have an air source I would save the money. Also, you could go to www.google.com and search for Iwata airbrushes to see what else comes up. But I doubt you'll beat depot's prices.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif
FT

T

tcannon

You might check Dixie art supplies. I bought an HP-C back in the summer for $129 delivered. They might even have something on sale, who knows. TC

LudicrousSpeed

I have a Passche (SP?) It cost me about $50, comes with three needles, tips, and fluid nozzles, along with a couple small glass containers, a larger glass container, the hose, a small stainless cup, and a few other odds and ends.

I have had good luck with mine, if I could keep from bending the needles. I used to be too lazy to put the guard on it when finished.

Check www.Eastwood.com, I got mine there, but they also sell at Hobby Lobby for about the same price.

Whatever you do, make sure you get a double action, don't even consider anything else........

Ultra Al

check out this months Air brush action magazine. They have a 2004 buyers guide you will find interesting. AL

tomsteve

flamethrower has great advise. i am definately not even close to even post any work i have done yet, but started with a paasche. fought and fought...practiced patience...fought and fought...practiced patience..... then broke down and bought the HP-C. WOW!!!! what a difference! i dont do a ton of airbrushwork and seems everytime i get practicing i have something come up that pulls me away. but the price was well worth it.

scapegoat

I bought a Paasche at Hobby Lobby for $16.00 . For basic air brush work , it was great ! ie drop shadows , blending .

sfh-d01

important advice,just what I am acquiring!!!On the other hand,Espow is a Global Seller for Discount Consumer oil paintings,you can find different oil paintings here,just take your action