A Big Howdy from a Big Texan

thundertone

I say "Y'all a lot and I may just write it here too. Anyway, I started painting a long time ago using a Binks airbrush. Over the years I've painted a lot of guitars and 4 cars using a Binks model 69 spray gun. I have always liked using nitrocellulose lacquer which I am using again on another guitar now. My latest respirator needs replacement and I'm counting on Y'all :haha: to know which one would be best in this application because I've been out of the loop for a few years and I don't like the respirators I'm seeing at home depot and lowes:they seem to be more for house painting and insecticides and so forth. Besides, I know you guys know what you're talking about, so who has a great suggestion for a respirator for use with nitrocellulose lacquer:think1:

chopolds

Nowadays, with the "much more toxic than lacquer" paints, most folks use a fresh air supply system. This is ideal for any paint system. But if you're using lacquer, I believe the old "organic vapor" cartridges will suffice. My Lowe's even carries them in the paint section. Just replace them often (follow the instructions they come with)

thundertone

Thanks Chopolds, Not sure, but I think my current old respirator is using organic vapor cartridges, but it has outlived its usefulness and I need a new one now....:patriot:

chopolds

They're cheap enough, get a new one. the rubber dries up and doesn't seal well. Get one that uses replaceable cartridges, and change them as instructed...Lungs aren't replaceable!